The Fashion History Timeline is a project by FIT’s History of Art Department. The Timeline offers scholarly contributions to the general public knowledge of the history of fashion and design. Unless specifically noted, photographs used in the Timeline usually are not subject to this Creative Commons License applied to the written work from the Timeline.
- For males, bow ties and long ties have alternated their turns in the favor of fashion.
- But if resale businesses wish to place themselves as eco-friendly alternatives, they must address the roadblocks to true sustainability which may be inherent of their business fashions.
- The era of “connected apparel” is already right here and shifting out of the novelty realm.
- As large retail areas shut across the nation, smaller shops are shuttering too, even in urban purchasing hubs.
- By 1800, all Western Europeans were dressing alike ; native variation grew to become first a sign of